Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Bem vindo ao Brasil

I have landed safely in Brazil!

After having flown almost due South for 10 and a half hours, I would have thought that I had surpassed the South Pole and was on my way back up on the other side of the globe. Alas, I disembark the plane at approximately 11am - having flown through the night - and despite my truly haggard appearance, Brazilian Customs Officials were pleased enough with my Visa photo and granted me access to their beautiful country.

My new-found energy at finally being in São Paolo helped me to traverse the long corridors of Guarulhos International Airport to retrieve my luggage. Bags in hand, I walked toward what I thought were the final doors to exit the airport but instead, I walked into that beautiful waft of several blends of high end perfumes - mixed with hints of chocolate and booze. That’s right … DUTY FREE!

My astonishment at what I was looking at, along with my lack of sleep, is the reason that my abilities to properly photograph and accurately capture the scale of this Duty Free mall had escaped me. Those that know me will be laughing - knowing I felt as though I was in heaven.

Nope! Brazil!

Next stop - the hotel. Luckily the congress is held at the same hotel in which I am staying because I will already be late for the first meeting which is for the FIA North American and English Speaking Group.  And no, I won't be late on account of shopping at the Duty Free - believe it or not, I didn't buy a thing!

I have done my fair share of reading in efforts to study up on FIA, its governance, staff, the congress and its members. Wish me luck!

VP on the move!

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment